Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Example of a Pure Prayer

So my three year old, oops- FOUR year old (He just had his birthday) got his picture in the paper this week. It was right on the first page of our neighbor section. It was him raising his head, eyes closed and praying to Jesus. It was at vacation bible school. The photographer made reference to some of the kids with their heads bowed, and some even playing, but my Sweetie was praying with such complete intensity to His Saviour, eyes closed, but head towards the skies.

What an example to me. In so many situations, I am trying to look good with my "head bowed", doing all the right things to make me feel like I am close to Jesus and make sure others see the service I am giving to Him. And there are even those days where I am just "playing" and doing my own thing, not caring about anybody but myself. I pray I am more like my son, who not only looks to His Creator, but feels His love surround him with all he has to offer His Lord.

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." I Timothy 4:12

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis