Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Under the Apple Tree



Finding Joy in Everyday MOMents came from the desire to find joy in the ordinary,

the normal,
the routine,
the boring,
the dailiness,
the tears, and
the fun.

But all of that joy would not have happened if my husband had not popped the question

14 years ago,
in a beautiful orchard,
under an apple tree,
fifth row,
sixth tree in.


And I am SO glad that I said yes.

These years have brought fun:

four, tiny, special blessings that we can call our own,
laughter about memories that span thirty years or more,
families that love us,
and a God that gives us grace. Everyday.

These years have also brought trials:

questions for our future,
deaths of loved ones,
bad choices,
really bad choices,
super awful, what were we thinking, bad choices,
and a God that gives us grace. Everyday.

So these moments of joy I find in each day as a mom are truly a gift from God.

And it all started with

The couple making it official
Under an apple tree
When the boy asked the girl,
"Will you marry me?"

And I am SO glad that I said yes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis